New VISA requirements for Colombia
Hello this is Russell this is really me, I am back now living once again in my loved city of Medellin. My absents was from travel in Asia, of which if you check my other web sites you can see all about my adventure travels.
Now back I wish to share the new 2016 Colombian Government requirements for the three main type of VISA available in Colombia.
- RETIREMENT VISA the amount is now lower due to the great exchange rate of the Peso to USD, you need to show $652. to qualify
- BUSINESS OWNER VISA, this has a few changes over 2014 to 2015, now in 2016 the paperwork process is still a bit much, all doable, and the best part how they have lowered the funds to $21,749. This class of visa a part of these funds required can be in your equipment and part in “cash” at hand. If you wish this class of visa we can assist in the paperwork with our staff of English speaking helpers.
- PROPERTY OWNER VISA, this too has a lower amount to quality, now $76,123 of a purchase in Colombia. This can be a apartment or warehouse or commercial building for rental income too. The new international banking laws now apply to Colombia as well. Your funds need to be legalised in the purchase process, a step we can help you with in the purchase process.
I have a new REFERRAL FOR ALL MY EXPAT FRIENDS COMING TO COLOMBIA: This is a VISA help and soon they are going to launch a NEW Premier Colombian Properties web site too, all now in the process of taking video and images of all the properties we wish to showcase now, I am helping them with the video of the properties.
UPDATED FEBRUARY 2016 VISA INFORMATION
- You can now make an appointment for your Cedula at Migration office, no need to go an wait in line
- Migration will now accept a CREDIT CARD, you no longer need to make a bank deposit prior to seeing them.
- The old PDF system of seeing if your CEDULA is ready, will soon be replaced with a web based system to check.
I AM NOT A OWNER OF THIS REAL ESTATE OR RENTAL BUSINESS OR VISA SERVICE ONLY GIVEN AS A REFERRAL
Feature the upper range of properties, in Apartments, Homes, Finca, plus vacant land, budding lots, orchards, coffee plantation all offered for sale in Colombia.
Two new services are, one they will have a few pre-vetted apartment for rent on long term without the large upfront deposits as normal with local realtors, the owners know in advance they are renting to a citizen of another country, you can now rent with no Colombian co-signer required, again as other agency do require plus 6 months advance rent, is just silly !!
Finally, we have a few selected properties where the owners are willing to carry the mortgage contact with a minimal downpayment.
The dollar to peso has never been better in a dozen years, now just above the 3,300 mark, your dollar buying power is about 75% MORE than just a year ago, you can now buy more property for less. The dollar on the street goes a long way today, plenty of bargains !! Food, restaurants , travel all are now at low low prices, come on down enjoy the Spring Weather of 70’s 80’s everyday.
Look for this new Real Estate site launch soon from Ian Palmer, he is a Expat from Canada.
my new local cell is 310-828-9599 of course my direct e-mail is Rusty@911net.net